This tiny WordPress Plugin allows you to embed Online Video from YouTube, Vimeo and more for a responsive Layout – they scale according to the screen size.
at the WordPress Plugin Directory
Responsive Video Shortcodes is a tiny Plugin that allows you to embed video files from the popular video hosting platforms in a responsive design. It is based on the WordPress oEmbed Feature, so it supports every online service that is natively supported by WordPress. All you need to do is use the shortcode and put a video URL in the content between the tags.
[video align="left" aspect_ratio="16:9" width="95"]https://vimeo.com/33358143[/video]
Alternatively, you can use a widget to display a (responsive) list of videos.
- Upload the entire `responsive-video` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use the shortcode or the widget – or both.
You will find a ‘Responsive Video’ menu in your WordPress settings. There are no settings to configure, so it contains a detailed tutorial on how to use the shortcode.
- Translation: Plugin en el español por Andrew de WebHostingHub
- Special Thanks to Thierry Koblentz and Anders M. Andersen for their insight articles on that topic
If you like this Plugin, I would be glad if you donated some, not much, money to me. This encourages me to develop more WordPress plugins like this one. I am very grateful for support like this.